Last seen: Sometime around October 2009 (Possibly left home after running the Nike Women's Marathon.)
Motivation has been replaced with (in no particular order):
1. Cocoa Krispies
2. Sleeping in
3. Chocolate bars
4. Pretty Wild on E!
7. Practicing walking in high heels
8. Traveling to China
9. Trying to figure out where to sign on my taxes
10. Poor weather
11. Cozy pants
12. Curled up in a ball with horrible writhing stomach pain
13. Brushing my hair
14. Working on converting all of my muscle to fat
15. Changing lightbulbs in hard to reach places
17. Catching up with Tivo
18. Learning Mandarin
19. Watering my only houseplant
21. The shoe store next to my gym
22. Practicing my impression of Sarah Palin
23. Applying extra eyeliner in the morning
24. Checking work e-mail on my Blackberry at all hours of the night
25. Cleaning the closet
26. Creating an earthquake disaster preparedness kit
27. Thinking of Meatless Monday recipes
28. Sticking pantyliners in my shoes for extra comfort
29. Hitting the snooze button
31. Juicing every carrot I can find
31. Rat-proofing my apartment
Now, ccording to Zenhabits.com, here's a list of 31 Ways to Motivate Yourself to Exercise:
- How you feel after a workout.
- Time for you.
- Calories burned.
- Having fun.
- How you’re going to look.
- Cover models.
- Success stories.
- Fitting into new clothes.
- Being attractive.
- Adrenaline rush.
- Stress relief.
- Time for contemplation.
- A workout partner.
- An exercise class.
- A coach or trainer.
- An exercise log/graph.
- Your before picture.
- A 5K race or triathlon.
- The dread of feeling “yuck” from not exercising.
- Living long enough to see your grandkids … and play with them.
- The scale.
- Reaching a goal.
- Posting it on your blog.
- Motivational quotes.
- Others commenting on how good you look.
- An upcoming day at the beach, or a reunion.
Also, Running Buddy Selena and I are running together this Saturday, our first day back at it since our last half marathon in January and since she hurt her poor little foot. We're thinking of running a half this summer at some point. I'm crossing my fingers that my motivation comes back so I can call myself a runner once again.
Now if you'll excuse me, Wo xu yao lian xi han yu. (I have to go practice my Chinese.)