1. Lost. I'm completely lost as to what this show is even about. Something about an island, right? Granted, I've never seen a single episode. And now that it's in the last season, why bother at this point. Kind of like how I'm currently boycotting Jersey Shore, and that whole "situation." But these two shows don't even put a dent in the list of TV shows I've refused to watch over my lifetime, I could write a whole post on that subject alone.
2. Toe Rings. Random, I know. It's my list. I don't wear rings on my fingers either (at least not yet...) and so I'm not about to start by putting them on my feet. Plus, while I used to have super cute toes, that whole running marathons thing solved that problem.
3. Tattoos. I don't have any, and never will. It's just not for me. Actually, I went through a period of time in college where I used to have tattoo nightmares, in which literally my entire torso and limbs would be completely covered in tattoos, and I had no idea how they got there, or any idea how to get rid of them.
4. Nicole Richie-esque Sunglasses. I have one pair of sunglasses, Paul Smith aviators, and they have lasted over three years. Which for sunglasses is like a hundred years.
This is the pair I have, and I'll never replace them, except with an identical pair. They are kind of my thing. And The Boyfriend has the same pair. We're like those elderly couples who wear matching track suits, only we're just starting with the same sunglasses.
And while you could argue that aviators are very trendy, they have been around since the 1930's. Trust me, I googled it.
5. Short Hair. I couldn't grow hair until I was two, literally I was bald as a cue ball. People thought I was a boy. So I guess when my blonde baby hair finally grew in, my mom had such a chip on her shoulder from people saying what a cute little boy she had, that I've always had long hair. And a fear of cutting it. I still don't have bangs. I'm such a baby. Someone please come hold my hand so I can finally do it?
6. Swear Words. Maybe this isn't so much a trend, but just a personal choice. I was an English major in college, I know more than my fair-share of words. I don't need to use expletives. When I do, it sounds like a baby swearing, and heads turn. Followed by gasping. My favorite word to say instead of a swear word is "Fuzzy-schnitzel!" I know know where I got that from. It probably came to me in a dream.
7. Harem Pants. One of those fashion trends I tried to ignore as long as possible. The only time I could ever see myself wearing these is if they had really big pockets, and I was going to a really good salad bar. Or if I suddenly had to start wearing diapers and didn't want anyone to know. And maybe not even then.
8. Homeless-Chic. And if for no other reason than I could never do it quite like Mary-Kate. That, and I prefer what hair I've managed to grow brushed.
Coming soon, trends I totally fell for, and lived to tell about. And trust me, it's a much longer (and much scarier) list than this one.