Now, like any award, it comes with a few minor stipulations. I must now bore you all with 7 things that make me happy. However, if the judge will allow it, I'd like to present as evidence the framed article on my bedroom wall back home. It's a list that I wrote circa 1999, in which I announced to the senior class 365 things to be happy about in the high school newspaper. A friend who was also on the newspaper staff made a bet that I couldn't do it. And friends, I never turn down a bet. Which is exactly why I don't play Truth or Dare. Anymore...
Which is why I decided to tell you 7 things about me you might not know instead. Here goes nothing:
1. Up until about a month ago, I was terrified of sesame seeds. This is because I had a dream once about those Biore strips for your nose, and in the dream I had one on my nose and when I pulled it off there were sesame seeds on it! And my nose was full of holes! And ever since, I avoided both sesame seeds and Biore strips like the plague. But recently, I started eating them again. I think I'm finally able to move on. Maybe.
2. I'm left-handed. But I do right-handed cartwheels.
3. I was the best babysitter, because I gave extra scoops of cookie dough ice cream and I make really good Kraft Mac & Cheese.
4. I think if you wake up really early and go running, it's possible to still be asleep for the first few miles, therefore making the run go by faster.
5. I fall asleep immediately on airplanes. Like before the plane even takes off. I often don't wake up until landing, either. Here's my secret: 1 stiff drink at the airport bar, 2 Tylenol PM, enough Xanax to make the other drugs work faster. Actually, I'm kidding. The real secret? Cozy pants, thick socks, Uggs, a blanket and travel pillow tucked into your carry-on and a window seat. Tuck yourself in, and start counting sheep.
6. I really like dresses with pockets. And just dresses altogether. But I really hate shaving my legs, so alas...
7. Sometimes I honestly crack myself up. Like right now, I'm hysterically laughing at the fact that I just told you, Internet, that I hate shaving my legs! And I'm not even kidding about that one! It's SUCH a pain. I'm so lucky I'm blonde.
Now, I must nominate 7 bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger Award and 15 bloggers for the Best Blog Award. Wow, this is tough stuff. Here goes nothing:
For the 7, I'm going to select the 7 bloggers I had lunch with last weekend. Because aside from Lynn and Christy from The Actor's Diet, I had never met them before and now just adore them:
Lynn and Christy from The Actor's Diet
Kate from Cooking with Kate
Mimi from Damn the Freshman 15
Kathryn from Froyoaholics
Sophia from Burp and Slurp
Ameena from Fancy That...Fancy This
Suzanne from Suzanne: Trying to Maintain
And as for the 15, well...I'm just too tired to link to them right now. It's almost 9pm...not much can be expected of me at this hour.
Can I get back to you tomorrow?
P.S. Averie is giving away a $50 gift certificate to Iherb.com! Go enter!
P.P.S. Today is the last day to enter Katie's Vita-Mix giveaway! Hurry!