Hi there! Happy Saturday! So today has been the BEST DAY EVER! For one, I ran 18 miles with Running Buddy Selena this morning, and WE KILLED IT! We ran the whole way, only stopping at mile 18! Well, that's not entirely true, we also stopped at two Starbucks, one Coffee Bean and a grocery store to buy Advil. While I'm still high on the run, can I just tell you how funny it is to literally be running through a grocery store and have to do self-checkout so you don't get off pace?
Also, this little guy helped too.It's a little set of speakers that fit right into your Ipod so you don't have to wear headphones! At first I thought I was going to feel funny blasting Gwen Stefani out of my mini-boombox while running down the street, but it was great! Running Buddy Selena and I have been trained not to wear headphones while we run for safety reasons, we simply talk the whole time instead! This time, I brought it as a surprise for the last half of our run, and wore it on my armband so we could both hear the music, and talk at the same time!
The second AH-MAZING thing that happened is that I received my 3rd award from my friend at girl, inspired. She has an adorable blog, you totally have to check her out if you haven't already!
Yippee! I am now to list 7 things that make me unique, and in the spirit of my run this morning, I've decided to list 7 things about my running that make me unique (I think). Okay, here goes!
1. I run with almost as much luggage as I travel with. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but here are the contents from this morning of the running pouch I wear around my waist:
-Two 16-ounce water bottles, one with water, the other with an electrolyte drink
-Two packages of Clif Shot Bloks
-Two packages of Clif Energy Gel
-Two packages of Luna Sport Moons
-Two packages of portable peanut butter
-4 packages of Ultima electrolyte powder
-Bottle of Advil
-Mini Body Glide
-Mini Ipod Speakers
2. I most frequently eat before or after a run while at least partially submerged in water. This is both due to time constraints and functionality. Before a race, I like to take a warm bath to wake up my muscles, and I usually eat while in the tub. Today, I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while in an ice bath to chill my over-worked legs. The sandwich helped make the ice bath a little more tolerable.
3. I always wear the same Lucy Power Pants when I run, they are the best and the only ones that will do.
4. I've only ever worn these Mizuno running shoes. If they ever, and I mean ever stop making them, I'll be knocking on their door, saying, "Hey! Hey you! Stop what you're doing, and make me my shoes! Please?" They fit my feet the best. I'm buying my third pair next week.
5. I usually don't feel the effects of a run until late in the day, and as Saturday is date night, The Boyfriend is used to a cranky and tired and very emotional girlfriend Saturday night, God bless him for putting up with this little runner of his! When he took me to see Legally Blonde: The Musical last month, I was literally in so much pain that I made him carry me down the stairs of the Pantages theater after the show. Each step felt like nails were being hammered into my knees. Surprisingly, I'm always better by Sunday!
6. I'm a morning person, so the earlier the better for my runs. I also wake up at 5:15am every work day anyway, as I need to be at work, over one hour away, by 7:30am, so I'm used to waking up early.
7. I love a beer after a long run. But you already knew that, didn't you?
The 7 blogs I choose to give this award to are:
1. ...love Maegan
2. Aspiring Couture
5. Pink Bow
6. Chelsea Talks Smack
7. I Can't Believe It's Not Dead
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!